4 Medium Tomatillos, husked and rinsed
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
1 Tablespoon Jalapeño, seeded and minced (or to taste)
1 Fresh Lime, zested and juiced
1 Ripe Avocado, seeded and diced
1 1/2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 Salmon Fillets
- Place tomatillos in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos and when cool enough to handle, roughly chop them.
- Combine the tomatillos, onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice and process in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Gently fold in the avocado. Season with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt and lime zest. Sprinkle fish with spice mix.
- Heat a large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the salmon rub side down for 2 minutes then flip and place pan in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer fish fillets to plates and top with the Cilantro Avocado Salsa.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -