1 Bunch Kale, cut from center stem using the Cut 'n Chunks, rinsed
1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Nuts, we've used cashews and almonds, pick your favorite
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Tablespoon Seasoning of Choice, we've used Spike, or Perfect Spice, or ...
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Lemon, juiced
3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pulverize seeds, nuts, yeast and spices in a food processor until a powder
- Mix in lemon juice and vinegar. The mixture should be a slurry texture; if it's too thick, add a little water.
- Add to kale and mix thoroughly. (We find the best way to do this is to put on some disposable surgical gloves and just mix with your hands so that all the leaves are coated.)
- Spread leaves on the Mastrad Chips Maker and put in the microwave on high for about 4 minutes (the exact time will depend on your microwave, so experiment). If after 4 minutes, the leaves are not crisp, put back into the microwave in 30 second increments until you get the texture you like.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -