4 Ounces Pancetta, chopped coarse
1 Pound Chicken Italian Sausages, casing removed
2 Chipotle Peppers, chopped
3 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
8 Extra Large Eggs
4 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Thyme
3 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
3/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes, cut into bits
1 Pound Bread: Challah, cut into 1" cubes
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1/4 Cup Chives, minced, plus additional for garnish
1 Fresh Pasilla Chili, cut into rings
3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
4 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1/4 Cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Sauté pancetta in medium non-stick skillet over low medium heat until lightly browned and rendered (but not crisp).
- Mix together chipotle chilies and sausages and sauté in same skillet with pancetta until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage and pancetta to paper towels and drain well.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk milk, eggs, thyme, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, pancetta, sausage, bread, onion, chili slices, chives and Parmesan cheese and stir to blend.
- Transfer to prepared dish. Cover (with a Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone Lid) and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake strata uncovered until puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella and goat cheese and bake until mozzarella melts, about 5 minutes. Transfer pan to rack and cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -