I’m pretty much a disaster when it comes to plastic wrap; it seems to stick to everything except the bowl I'm trying to cover. And the green side of me hates to use it once and throw it away.
So what do you do when you need to cover something that’s in a bowl? The answer comes from a charming Frenchman named Charles Viancin. He’s taken his inspiration from nature and crafted beautiful products for the kitchen and tabletop. His Silicone Lids combine beauty and functionality. Just lay them on top of any clean smooth-rimmed bowl, push down, and voila! You have a seal that keeps your food fresh. When you need to get at the contents, you just lift the edge of the lid and it comes right off. Flip the lid over, and the ridges that make up the design provide the venting necessary in the microwave. It’s both reusable and dishwasher, oven and microwave safe. It works particularly well on our Nutted Wild Rice and Duck Salad, that needs to sit at room temperature for awhile so the flavors can meld.
Note: don’t carry your bowls by the top handle without a hand underneath (see photo) and, because the seal opens when you lift the edge of the lid, you need to give it adequate room if you put it in the refrigerator so it does not open accidentally.
Is it worth the space in your kitchen? It takes up less room than a box of plastic wrap.
- Comes in 4 sizes and 3 designs:
- Lemon: 11"/28cm diameter
- Lime: 9”/23cm diameter
- Grapefruit: 8"/20.3cm
- Lemon and Lime Drink Covers: 4.5"/11.5cm
- FDA Food Grade Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover
- Seals Tight on all smooth rims: stainless steel, glass, plastic, melamine.
- Prevents Spills: it creates an airtight, watertight seal for reheating and storing.
- Saves on plastic wrap : it can be reused and reused and reused ….
- Dishwasher, oven and microwave Safe
- Charles Viancin Silicone CoastersAs low as $4.99
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Wok Turner$11.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $16.99
- Sirius Chef Muffin Splitter$16.98
- Charles Viancin Wine Bottle StopperAs low as $3.00
- Colbrook Kitchen QuickMix Mixing Jar (Egg, corn starch...As low as $12.50
- Cuisipro Silicone Ladle$11.99
- HeatTHAT! Serving PiecesAs low as $39.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Charles Viancin Suction Glass MarkersAs low as $5.50
- Vineyard Table Serving PiecesAs low as $14.99
- Cuisipro Fish Tongs$19.99
- Charles Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone LidsAs low as $21.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Glass Covers (XSmall Lids...As low as $9.99