Party like a rock star... dispense salt like Alton Brown!
You know how we feel about salt, so we’re always looking for the best way to dispense it. We have a couple of great salt mills on the site, but sometimes a recipe calls for a specific amount of salt, and then it makes sense to be able to spoon it out (or even pinch it out). To do that you must have a container that will fit your measuring spoons or fingers (the box of kosher salt just is too cumbersome here.) There are lots of different salt vessels around, but it’s nice to have one that has a cover (so it doesn’t get splattered from whatever when you’re cooking nearby), that is easy to open with one hand, leaving your other hand free to dispense the salt. And it should be big enough to use easily without taking up too much space on your countertop.
If you’ve watched Alton Brown’s Good Eats, you’ve seen him use (constantly) a clever glass and stainless steel model that is all the things a good salt dish should be. The folks at RSVP Endurance have recreated that salt container and we bring it to you. It features an 8 ounce glass bowl, a small stainless steel salt spoon, a unique flip-top lid with its handle at a just-right angle, and a silicone gasket to keep your salt dry and fresh. Ever since we got this one to test, I’ve used it almost as often as Alton on his show, and it’s been a great addition to Colbrook Kitchen. This is a truly Cool Tool!
- Cleaning & Care: Dishwasher Safe but Hand Washing Recommended
- Size: 2.5-x3.75-x5.5-in.
- 8 oz. glass bowl
- Unique flip-top lid with easy-to-use handle
- Silicone gasket to protect and preserve your salt.
- Materials: 18/8 Stainless Steel, Glass & Silicone
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- OXO Dusting Wand$9.99
- Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker$14.99
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95