Charles Viancin Big Silicone Lids (oversized round, square, oval and rectangular)
When Kennedy and I started Colbrook Kitchen, we each found a tool that to us epitomized the concept of a Cool Tool: high design, high functionality and unique--something that in all our years of prowling cookware shops, we had never seen. For Kennedy, it was the Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker, and for me it was the Charles Viancin Lily Pad Lids. And it seems that you all agree, because these are our two best selling Cool Tools.
A few months ago, when I was making a strata that needed to sit in the refrigerator overnight in a rectangular glass dish, I wondered why the Charles Viancin silicone lids couldn’t be made in large rounds, squares, ovals and rectangles to cover the glass dishes that we all use. So I emailed Charles and asked. I wish I could take credit for turning this idea into a product, but in fact, as great minds run along the same paths, he had already thought of this.
Once again taking his inspiration from nature, Charles Viancin has developed a beautiful, practical and reasonably priced alternative to the annoying plastic wrap or aluminum foil that we’ve all used in the past. Just lay this on your dish, push down slightly to create a vacuum, and you’re all set. To remove it, simply lift a corner, and off it comes. Use it to cover leftovers, and it goes straight from the refrigerator to the oven for reheating. And for clean up, just put it in your dishwasher. Beautiful design, excellent functionality … an ultimately Cool Tool!
And here's the wonderful variety of sizes and shapes available:
- Asparagus (10" x 14" / 25.5cm x 35.5cm)
- Banana Leaf (10" x 14" / 25.5cm x 35.5cm)
- Dahlia (10" x 14" / 25.5cm x 35.5cm)
- Poppy (10" x 14" / 25.5cm x 35.5cm)
- Winterberry (11" x 16" / 28cm x 40cm)
Large Round (13"/33cm Diameter)
- Pink Hibiscus
Square (11"/28cm Square)
- Banana Leaf
Oval (9" X 13" / 23cm x 33cm)
- Banana Leaf
- FDA approved silicone
- Seals Tight on all smooth rims: stainless steel, glass, plastic, melamine.
- Microwave, Oven, and Dishwasher Safe
- Temperature resistant to 425º F
- Saves on plastic wrap use, can be reused again and again
- Prevents Spills: the Lid creates an airtight, watertight seal for reheating and storing.