We do love the creativity that Charles Viancin exhibits in his new designs every year. (And, yes, unlike Betty Crocker, Charles Viancin is a real person... a very handsome tall Frenchman who is inspired by nature!) But when we saw this year's designs at the show in January, we were literally blown away. With the Sea Collection Charles has gone from recreating the beauty of nature to capturing its intangible qualities as well. Whether you have a house at the beach (or you're visiting someone who does: these make great gifts!) or just want to bring the calm beauty of the sea into your home, this collection is truly, mind-blowingly beautiful!
Can't decide which size you like best? Join the crowd! Order one of our Bundles, and get a nice assortment at a savings!
Money saving bundles:
- Bundle 1: 1 large, 1 medium, 1 medium/small, and 1 small (~$53 value) = $49.99
- Bundle 2: 1 large, 1 medium, 1 medium/small, and 2 x-small (~$52 value) = $48.99
- Big Bundle: 1 large (Coral), 1 medium (Sea Shell), 1 medium/small (Starfish), 1 small (anemone), and 2 x-small (~$63 value) = $59.99
Note: Charles Viancin has discontinued this design (one of our favorites), so when it's gone...it's gone!
I’m pretty much a disaster when it comes to plastic wrap; it seems to stick to everything except the bowl I'm trying to cover. And the green side of me hates to use it once and throw it away.
So what do you do when you need to cover something that’s in a bowl? The answer comes from a charming Frenchman named Charles Viancin. He’s taken his inspiration from nature and crafted beautiful products for the kitchen and tabletop. His Silicone Lids combine beauty and functionality. Just lay them on top of any clean smooth-rimmed bowl, push down, and voila! You have a seal that keeps your food fresh. When you need to get at the contents, you just lift the edge and it comes right off. Flip the lid over, and the ridges that make up the design provide the venting necessary in the microwave. It’s both reusable and dishwasher, oven and microwave safe. It works particularly well on our Nutted Wild Rice and Duck Salad, that needs to sit at room temperature for awhile so the flavors can meld.
Note: don’t carry your bowls by the top “flower” without a hand underneath (see photo) and, because the seal opens when you lift the edge of the lid, you need to give it adequate room if you put it in the refrigerator so it does not open accidentally.
Is it worth the space in your kitchen? It takes up less room than a box of plastic wrap.
- Comes in 5 sizes:
- Large (Coral): 11 3/8" diameter
- Medium (Sea Shell): 9 7/8” diameter
- Medium/Small (Starfish): 8" diameter
- Small (Anemone): 6" diameter
- XSmall (set of 2) (Coral and Sea Shell available now; Starfish and Anemone will be available in June): 4 1/4"
- FDA Food Grade Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover
- Seals Tight on all smooth rims: stainless steel, glass, plastic, melamine.
- Prevents Spills: it creates an airtight, watertight seal for reheating and storing.
- Saves on plastic wrap : it can be reused and reused and reused ….
- Dishwasher, Oven and Microwave Safe
- Cooks Innovations Butter MillAs low as $14.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Trudeau Silicone Muffin Pan$27.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Glass Covers (XSmall Lids...As low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Fruit Stand Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Tovolo Precision Cutting Guide MatsAs low as $7.00
- OXO Poultry Shears$24.99
- Franmara Cork Retriever$6.30
- ChicWrapAs low as $14.99
- Rösle Smoker Box$19.99
- Charles Viancin Value SetsSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $48.00
- Charles Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone LidsAs low as $15.99
- Charles Viancin Cabbage ColanderAs low as $11.99
- Charles Viancin Grape Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Charles Viancin Poppy Silicone Lids, Cutting Boards and...As low as $8.99