A little fresh citrus juice adds a brightness to almost any dish. And there are times when you need a specific quantity of citrus juice for a recipe, so finding an easy efficient way to to both extract it and measure it becomes important. The Citrus Reamer from Tovolo is one of our favorite tools to accomplish this.
The reamer is double-ended (with 2 different sizes), so you can switch ends of the reamer for various sizes of fruit. The quite-sharp spiralized form of the reamer allows you to thoroughly juice your selected citrus, getting out every last drop. Its non-skid broad base and low profile assure a firm, steady platform to bear-down for maximum extraction. The cap strains the seeds and pulp, leaving only the juice below, and the cup measures in both US and UK/metric. The pour-spout provides a final ‘filter’ to assure that any residual pulp or small seeds are minimized as you add the juice to your recipe. And it’s dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. This bright yellow beauty is definitely a Cool Tool that will have a frequent role to play in your kitchen!
But just in case you are looking for other citrus squeezers, check out these great choices: The simple citrus juicer is great when you just need to add the juice of half a lemon or lime and the citrus press works beautifully when you want to store half a lemon or lime and squeeze it later. For a more elegant tabletop solution, where each guest can add citrus to their individual taste, the citrus squeezer is perfect.
- 7”/18cm L x 4”/10cm W x 3½”/9cm H for convenient storage
- Sharp spiralized reamer extracts maximum juice
- Food Safe and BPA-free plastics
- Dishwasher safe
- Lékué Citrus Sprayer$14.99
- KitchenIQ Ginger Tool$19.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Charles Viancin Crystal Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- Lékué Citrus Press$11.99
- Gefu Bivita Sprouter$27.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Brod & Taylor Knife SharpenersAs low as $29.00