If you’re a fan of this site, you know that I love anything that makes cooking easier and better. And when it comes to salt and pepper mills, I look for a few things. First, is the grinder ceramic, so that it can grind salt or pepper without corroding? Second, does it have great throughput (in other words, does it grind a lot at one time)? Third, is the grind even and adjustable? And fourth, is it easy to use? Additional pluses for me are: a light to see how much I’m grinding, a large capacity hopper so that I don’t have to keep refilling it, and a nice look on the table. And, of course, my preference is electric, because when it comes to grinding salt and pepper, I’m a little lazy… not so lazy that I won’t grind it fresh, but lazy enough that I’d rather not take a lot of effort to do it.
Enter the Graviti +Plus electric salt or pepper mill from Trudeau. This baby has it all: first, to use it, all you do is tilt it down! That’s right… no buttons to push, nothing to grind, just tilt it and it starts grinding. It has a very sleek look and an LED light to illuminate your food. And the details are great: it has a ceramic grinder that works well for both salt or pepper, and it delivers a very even grind and great throughput (2t per minute!). It is easily adjustable with a big friendly knob at the top. And the hopper is the largest of any electric mill we’ve seen, with a clear window into the entire hopper, so you can always see how much salt or pepper remains in your mill: no more surprises when you run out in mid-prep or mid-meal! It comes filled with black pepper, but you can refill with your own preferred salt or pepper at any time. And the Mill even comes with a small plastic fold-up funnel that makes filling it even easier (it’s with the instructions, so be sure to look for it.).
The Graviti +Plus from Trudeau is the whole package… a very Cool Tool! Note: Trudeau has made significant improvements in this new design.
- Ceramic grinding mechanism
- Throughput: approximately 2t per minute
- Canada Design
- Patents pending
- Requires 6 AAA batteries (not included)
- Dimensions: 2½"/6.4cm x 8½"/21.6cm
- Care: Wipe clean
- 1 year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Lékué Steam CaseAs low as $25.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Lékué Rice&Grain Cooker$35.00
- OXO Dusting Wand$9.99
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker$14.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Progressive Microwave Grill$12.60
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99