I’m pretty much a disaster when it comes to plastic wrap; it seems to stick to everything except the bowl I'm trying to cover. And the green side of me hates to use it once and throw it away. If you're like me, you'll love these Charles Viancin Lids.
Can't decide which design you like best? Join the crowd! Order one of the Mixed Bouquet Bundles, select the design for the large lid, and we'll choose the designs for the other sizes to give you a mixed bouquet of lids!
Money saving bundles available in one design or in a Mixed Bouquet:
- Bundle 1: 1 large, 1 medium, 1 medium/small, and 1 small ($45 value) = $41.99
- Bundle 2: 1 large, 1 medium, 1 medium/small, and 2 x-small ($46 value) = $42.99
- Big Bundle: 1 large, 1 medium, 1 medium/small, 1 small, 2 x-small, and 1 wine stopper ($58 value) = $53.99
Make your choice in the drop-down menu above ...
So what do you do when you need to cover something that’s in a bowl? The answer comes from a charming Frenchman named Charles Viancin. He’s taken his inspiration from nature and crafted beautiful products for the kitchen and tabletop. His Silicone Lids combine beauty and functionality. Just lay them on top of any clean smooth-rimmed bowl, push down, and voila! You have a seal that keeps your food fresh. When you need to get at the contents, you just lift the edge of the lily pad (or cherry blossom, hibiscus, snowflake or sunflower) and it comes right off. Flip the lid over, and the ridges that make up the design provide the venting necessary in the microwave. It’s both reusable and dishwasher, oven and microwave safe. It works particularly well on our Nutted Wild Rice and Duck Salad, that needs to sit at room temperature for awhile so the flavors can meld.
Note: don’t carry your bowls by the top “flower” without a hand underneath (see photo) and, because the seal opens when you lift the edge of the lid, you need to give it adequate room if you put it in the refrigerator so it does not open accidentally.
Is it worth the space in your kitchen? It takes up less room than a box of plastic wrap.
- Comes in 5 sizes and 7 designs:
- Large: 11 3/8"/29cm diameter
- Medium: 9 7/8”/25cm diameter
- Medium/Small: 8"/20cm diameter
- Small: 6"/15cm diameter
- XSmall (set of 2): 4 1/4"/10.75cm (we count this pair as 1 item, Amazon counts it as 2 - beware!)
- See the matching Wine Bottle Stopper (we include it in the Big Bundle)
- FDA Food Grade Silicone Suction Lid & Food Cover
- Seals Tight on all smooth rims: stainless steel, glass, plastic, melamine.
- Prevents Spills: it creates an airtight, watertight seal for reheating and storing.
- Saves on plastic wrap : it can be reused and reused and reused ….
- Dishwasher Safe
- Charles Viancin Silicone Glass Covers (XSmall Lids...As low as $9.99
- Lékué Rice&Grain Cooker$35.00
- Charles Viancin Winterberry and Poinsettia Silicone...As low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Cabbage ColanderAs low as $11.99
- Kyocera Perfect Peeler$14.95
- Charles Viancin Silicone CoastersAs low as $3.99
- Charles Viancin Big Silicone Lids (oversized round...As low as $15.99
- Charles Viancin Grape Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Fruit Stand Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Paderno 4-Blade Spiralizer$49.95
- Charles Viancin Banana Leaf Silicone LidsAs low as $15.99