The Essential Kitchen
We thought it might be helpful to group our Cool Tools in categories that reflect their role in the meal creation process. So here is our attempt to be helpful:
- Prep: These are the tools that are your workhorses, and the ones that most take the place of a sous-chef. These Cool Tools help you prepare your ingredients to be cooked. In finding Cool Tools for food prep, functionality, time saving and ease of use are the most important things we look for. Each and every one of these does its job particularly well and takes your food prep from drudgery to fun (well, almost!) When we finally carry knives, they will fit in this section.
- Cooking: These are the Cool Tools that you actually use during the cooking process; that means they have to be easy to use, handy to pick up, and work well without thinking about it, because your focus should be on the food--these Cool Tools take a supporting role.
- Serving: These are the Cool Tools that take your meal from the kitchen to the table, and make it easy and beautiful to serve your food.
- Entertaining: These are all the Cool Tools that are part of your entertaining repertoire and make the event easy for you and memorable for your guests.
- Storage: When the meal is over, what do you do with all those leftover bits? These Cool Tools will help.
- Miscellaneous: These are some more Cool Tools that we love, but they didn't fit neatly into one of the other categories.
View as List Grid
Items 1-10 of 135
- Tovolo Silicone Mini TongsWhy It's Cool: Silicone tongs to protect your cookware, a big versitility in a small package!Tongs are an extension of your fingers: it’s the way to pick up or move pieces of food that would be too hot to touch (or these days, unsanitary to touch) with your fingers....RSVP NonStick ScrubberWhy It's Cool: Won't scratch your cookware, great flexability, and enough oomph to do the job!Cleaning up is probably the least fun part of cooking, but unfortunately, it’s a necessity. So are there Cool Tools that make this easier or less unpleasant? We’ve tested...The Cheese Knife (Large Size)Why It's Cool: Cuts cheese cleanly without sticking, especially in large block formatsThe original Cheese Knife was a great surprise for us … a very Cool Tool: beautiful mid-20th Century American industrial design, with a clean functional purpose, that performs...blomus "Splash" Water CarafeWhy It's Cool: A stylish and easy way to serve infused water, withut the mess!Drinking ‘plenty of fluids’ is always a healthy thing to do, especially in these crazy times. The health benefits are numerous - see a partial list below - but we know from...Franmara 4-Piece Cheese Service SetWhy It's Cool: Beautiful, sleek cheese set that addresses all your cheese serving needsThere’s an old saw about having the right tool for the job. This is particularly true with cheese, because there are so many different textures and consistencies that one size...476 Cooks Innovations Oven LinerWhy It's Cool: Reusable non-stick oven liner keeps burned on messes out of your ovenOvens are a wonderful thing...but a pain to clean! Even the most meticulous cook puts things into the oven that overflow or spill, and then there is the drama (and hard work!) of...Charles Viancin Value Set of LidsWhy It's Cool: Use instead of plastic wrap for a better seal and greener kitchen...and it's oven safe...and now at an outstanding price!We all love Charles Viancin silicone lids: they’re beautiful, they’re useful, they’re effective, and they’re wonderful to own and to give as gifts. In addition, they’re...Charles Viancin Silicone Trivet / Pot HolderJoseph Joseph Stretch TrivetWhy It's Cool: It expands to fit almost any pot, and then closes back up for easy storage.Trivets are essential tools for handling or serving any hot dish, to protect your countertops or your dining table. If you have ever forgotten to use one, then you’ve never...KitchenIQ The Better ZesterWhy It's Cool: Smoother zesting, catches and measures zest, then scrapes it off backWhen something is called “The Better Zester”, your first reaction is that this must be giant sized braggadocio--at least that was my reaction … until I tried it. It is a...