The Essential Kitchen
We thought it might be helpful to group our Cool Tools in categories that reflect their role in the meal creation process. So here is our attempt to be helpful:
- Prep: These are the tools that are your workhorses, and the ones that most take the place of a sous-chef. These Cool Tools help you prepare your ingredients to be cooked. In finding Cool Tools for food prep, functionality, time saving and ease of use are the most important things we look for. Each and every one of these does its job particularly well and takes your food prep from drudgery to fun (well, almost!) When we finally carry knives, they will fit in this section.
- Cooking: These are the Cool Tools that you actually use during the cooking process; that means they have to be easy to use, handy to pick up, and work well without thinking about it, because your focus should be on the food--these Cool Tools take a supporting role.
- Serving: These are the Cool Tools that take your meal from the kitchen to the table, and make it easy and beautiful to serve your food.
- Entertaining: These are all the Cool Tools that are part of your entertaining repertoire and make the event easy for you and memorable for your guests.
- Storage: When the meal is over, what do you do with all those leftover bits? These Cool Tools will help.
- Miscellaneous: These are some more Cool Tools that we love, but they didn't fit neatly into one of the other categories.
View as List Grid
Items 1-10 of 130
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsWhy It's Cool: Beautiful natural wood tools that won't scratch your pots and pans in useful shapes with comfotable handlesThe natural beauty of olive wood tools just make you feel good using them in the kitchen--it’s a back-to-nature kind of thing. And they’re also good for your pots and pans and...Progressive Cut Resistant GloveOXO Pizza CutterWhy It's Cool: A more natural way to cut pizza (the leverage is from above); the blade is deep enough to cut through even a fluffy frittata and is covered for safe storage in your drawer.We love pizza...who doesn't? But cutting pizza is always an issue. Knives don't do all that good a job; and the traditional pizza cutters just seem to have really weird...fusionbrands ButterEasyfusionbrands Mushroom (and other vegetables) ClothWhy It's Cool: Bacteria resistant Silicone cleans tender mushrooms and tougher vegetables and citrus like a champ!So we’ve always been cautioned about not putting mushrooms under running water...they soak it up like crazy and then don’t really brown nicely because they’re water logged....Cuisipro Silicone Wok TurnerWhy It's Cool: An old world tool reimagined in modern materials with great functionality!We love using a wok turner: the broad-blade with slightly raised sides allows you to handle more ingredients faster, which is important in the high-heat environment in which...Tovolo Seal 'N Store StorageSirius Chef Muffin SplitterWhy It's Cool: Maintains all the wonderful nooks and crannies in your English muffins, biscuits and sconesEverybody loves English Muffins (OK: if you don’t, then skip to the next article!). But like Escargots, English Muffins are wonderfully delicious vehicles to enjoy lots of...Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsVineyard Table Serving PiecesWhy It's Cool: Beautiful Hand forged hors d'oeuvres-sized serving pieces at a great price to elevate your entertaining.One of the things that transforms a serving of food into a work of art is the presentation, and that’s often as simple as adding an interesting utensil or plate. It’s pretty...