2 Tablespoons Water
1 1/2 Teaspoons Unflavored Gelatin
1 1/4 Cups Misc: Faux Fromage Frais (0% Fat)
1 1/4 Cups Non-fat Greek Yogurt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Pink Peppercorns, crushed with a mortar & pestle
1 1/4 Cups Non-fat Half and Half
1/4 Cup Splenda
2 Pints Strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced with the Gefu Tari Slicer
2 Tablespoons Brandy
1 Tablespoon Splenda
For panna cotta:
- Pour 2 tablespoons water into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk Faux Fromage Frais, yogurt, pink peppercorns and vanilla in large bowl to blend.
- Heat half and half and Splenda in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and cream comes to simmer. Remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve gelatin.
- Mix hot cream-gelatin mixture into yogurt mixture in bowl.
- Divide mixture among eight 3/4-cup ramekins or silicone molds, using about 1/3 cup for each. Refrigerate desserts overnight.
- Toss strawberries, brandy and Splenda in large bowl to combine. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Spoon strawberries over panna cotta and serve.
You can make this with any fruit on top. It's very creamy and hard to believe that it has no fat.
See this recipe featured on the wonderful Irene Turner site.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -