This is a great way to use up leftover pork, and it's a tasty dish.
1/2 Pound Pork Tenderloin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil (for Phase 3 Only)
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
3/4 Cup Diced Onion
1/2 Small Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 Cup Fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1/4 Cup Halved Grape Tomatoes, plus more for serving
1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
1 1/4 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
2 6 Inch Sprouted-grain Tortillas (for Phase 1 or 3, or spelt or brown rice tortillas for Phase 1), or serve this over a salad for Phase 2
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- If using raw pork, sprinkle the pork with the cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Phase 3 only: Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to the pan).
- Add the pork, and sauté 4 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer the pork to a bowl.
- If using leftover pork, sprinkle the garlic, onion, and jalapeño with the cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat, and simmer 1 minute, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return the pork and accumulated juices to pan.
- Stir in the lime juice and cook 1 minute more.
- Take the pan off th eheat and stir in halved tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of the cilantro.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions.
- Divide the pork mixture among the tortillas, top with extra tomatoes and the rest of the cilantro, and roll up
For Phase 1, just skip the oil. For Phase 2, skip the oil and serve over a salad.
- Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker$14.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Camerons Tortilla Warmer$10.00
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95
- Colbrook Kitchen QuickMix Mixing Jar (Egg, corn starch...As low as $12.50
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99