This is just about the easiest, most foolproof way to cook asparagus...and perfect if you want to serve it to hold with your fingers and dip into a sauce!
1 Pound Asparagus
Sea Salt, to taste
- Break stems off bottom of asparagus where they naturally break
- Peel the bottom half of each asparagus spear
- Wet a double layer of paper towel (2 paper towels long)
- Lay the asparagus on the paper towel in a single layer
- Sprinkle the asparagus with sea salt
- Roll the asparagus up in the damp paper towel
- Put the bundle, seam side down in the microwave
- Microwave on about 1000W strength for 3 minutes
- Remove asparagus bundle carefully from the microwave with tongs (it will be hot)
- Serve with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Per Serving (excluding sauce): 14 Calories; trace Fat (5.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable.
Write Your Own Review
And a few more Cool Tools that you might like