Freeze herbs in oil or butter, then keep these in an airtight bag in your freezer for a flavor punch to so many dishes!
Olive oil or Melted Butter
A Variety of Fresh Herbs, including Cilantro, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Chives, Citrus Peel, etc
- Melt the butter, if using, and let cool slightly, but keep in a liquid state
- If using cilantro and/or basil, blanch it for about 5 seconds in boiling water to kill the enzyme that will cause it to decompose
- Wash and dry all herbs used, then chop
- Put your selection of herbs in each section of a Perfect Cube Silicone Ice Tray
- Add olive oil or melted butter to come nearly to the top
- Freeze until solid
- Take cubes out of the ice tray and store in the freezer in labeled zippered bags with as much air removed as possible
You can also freeze reduced pureed tomatoes or fresh citrus juice.