We first had a dish like this at a friend's house in Berkeley (Thanks, Dana) This is a delicious, refreshing side dish for any meal.
12 Ounces Dried Soba Noodles (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar (not seasoned)
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 1/4 Teaspoons Sugar
3/4 Teaspoonn Salt
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Mint
1 1/2 Cups Thinly Sliced Scallions (1 1/2 bunches)
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender (use the Overboil RIng to stop the pot from boiling over), about 5 minutes, then drain in a colander.
- Rinse under cold water to stop cooking, then drain well.
- While noodles are cooking, stir together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss noodles with dressing, mint, and scallions.
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta RakeAs low as $10.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Fasta PastaAs low as $14.99
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsAs low as $19.99