Nocino is an incomparabble Italian walnut liquor made with green walnuts, sugar, spices, vodka and time.
Servings: 1 Liter
30 Green Walnuts
2 Sticks Cinnamon
5 Whole Cloves
1 1" Piece Vanilla Bean
1 Lemon Zest
2 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Liter Vodka
- Rinse, dry and quarter the walnuts. Be careful, the husks can be hard and resist all but the most forceful and persistent knife.
- Put walnuts in a large glass container and cover with the vodka, and add the other ingredients.
- Cover and let stand 6-8 weeks, agitating the container daily.
- When ready to bottle, remove and discard walnuts, filter the liquid through cheese cloth, pour into clean bottles and cork tightly.
- The nocino will keep for several years when stored in a cool, dry place.
Write Your Own Review