There is a liar in your kitchen--it’s your oven. It may say that the temperature is 350°F, but what is it really? The only way to know is to get an oven thermometer. You’ll be surprised how far off your oven can be (or maybe pleasantly surprised if it’s not.) But, you may say, if my oven has been off all these years and my dishes came out fine, why bother? There’s a point to that, but you may have been lucky thus far; who’s to say that your luck will hold out on the next new recipe you try? The bottom line is that for relatively little money, and even less inconvenience, you can bring a level of assurance to your cooking that you may not have realized that you lack.
So once you decide to buy an oven thermometer, how do you choose which one? You want a thermometer that’s easy to read, out of the way, and accurate. We chose the OXO Chef's Precision Oven Thermometer because it seems sturdier than most, it’s got an easy-to-read face, it’s accurate, and the two-point hanging hook gives greater stability and more options for hanging out of the way in your oven. For us, it’s a necessary tool, created with thought and style, which makes it a Cool Tool
- Dimensions:2.5” / 6.4cm diameter face
- Reliably precise oven temperature
- Two-point hook holds thermometer securely in place on thin or Thick ovenrack wires
- Wide, angled base keeps thermometer stable while standing
- Large numbers for quick temperature readings ( DegreeF and DegreeC)
- Thermometer will stay in place, even when adding or removing food from the oven!