This is quick, easy and delicious! The lemon gives it a great kick, and pistachios add depth and a little complexity.
- Choose nice plump spears of asparagus with tightly closed heads.
- Break the bottoms off where they naturally break, and then peel the stems. (Yes, I know this seems like extra work, but the results are sooo much better!)
- Cook asparagus in the microwave either using the paper towel method or in the Lékué Seam Case for about 1 minute.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat.
- Add pistachios and toast in butter for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and whisk in lemon juice and zest.
- Pour over hot asparagus and sprinkle with pepper.
Per Serving: 179 Calories; 16g Fat (72.9% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
You can substitute fresh orange juice and zest for the lemon.
Write Your Own Review
And a few more Cool Tools that you might like
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- OXO Food Scale$49.99
- Lékué Steam Case$25.99
- HeatTHAT! Serving Pieces$39.99
- Mastrad Food Savers$14.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Whisk$14.99
- Tovolo Citrus Reamer$9.99
- Gefu Asparagus Peeler$19.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99