An absolutely delicious and easy (and impressive) breakfast dish!
Butter as Needed
6 Slices Bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Cup Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
1 Small Onion, sliced thin
1 Chili, sliced very thin
2 1/2 Cups Milk, half-and-half, cream or a combination, gently heated just until warm
8 Eggs, at room temperature
2 Cups Grated Emmenthal, Gruyère, Cantal or a combination
5/8 Cup Grated Parmesan or Hard Pecorino
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
5/8 Teaspoon Cayenne, or to taste
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Truffle Dust
- Heat oven to 325°F and set rack in middle of it.
- Butter 6 ramekins.
- Melt butter in a skillet and sautée onions, mushrooms and chilis until translucent and mushrooms are dry. Divide this among the ramekins.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and blend in Vitamix until well blended.
- Pour into buttered ramekins and bake for 40 minutes, or until almost firm; it should still jiggle just a little in middle.
- Cool on a rack, then serve warm or at room temperature.