Foie Gras and Chestnut Ravioli With Concentrated Infused Broth
One of our guests rated this as one of her top 5 dishes...ever! There are some expensive ingredients, but you use only a little of them, and the results are spectacular!
1 Duck Leg Confit
58 Ounces Chicken Broth
1 Kafir Lime Leaf
1 Ounce Porcini Mushroom
1/2 Piece Vanilla Bean
3 Ounces Foie Gras Terrine
4 Ounces Pureed Chestnuts
1 Ounce Brandy
Fleur De Sel
36 Wonton Wrappers
- DUCK CONFIT:
- Remove the meat and skin from the duck leg confit, reserving the bones for the broth.
- Shred the meat and chop the skin into small pieces.
- In a skillet render the fat from the meat and skin and crisp the meat and skin in the fat. Set aside.
- Mix the broth, dick bones, kafir lime leaf, porcini mushromms and vanilla bean and bring to a boil in small multipot. Boil for 3 minutes, then turn heat off, cover pot and let steep for 2 hours.
- Strain liquid through a fine cheesecloth or coffee filter. Wash the pot and return the broth to the pot. Simmer to reduce to about 3 cups.
- Mix the chestnut puree, foir gras and brandy and mash until it becomes a smooth paste. Stir in fleur de sel to taste.
- Make ravioli using about a half tablespoon of puree and one wonton skin folded into a triangle around the filling per ravioli.
- (Ravioli can be made a day ahead and kept between layers of waxed paper in a sealed container in the refrigerator.)
- Cook ravioli in boiling salted water until the ravioli rise to the surface. Remove them from the water with a slotted spoon.
- To Serve:
- Place 3 ravioli, some crisp duck confit meat, and some chives in the bottom of a soup bowl. At the table pour on about 2 ounces of hot broth. Enjoy!
- Nuance Silicone BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Kuchenprofi Dumpling Makers$23.99
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Norpro Stainless Steel ScoopsAs low as $15.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Tovolo Silicone Pasta RakeAs low as $10.99
- Norpro Krona Multi PotAs low as $44.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Ladle$11.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99