Grilled Cheese-stuffed Ancho Chiles With Salsa Fresca
We first had this dish at MacArthur Park in Palo Alto, California when Faz Poursohi was the chef. It's simple, but a great combination of summer flavors.
Carefully cut the top off each chile by cutting around the top edge. (Reserve the chili tops to reattach to the chile with toothpicks to hold in the cheese while grilling.)
Remove the seeds and ribs from the chilis and discard.
Grate the cheeses and mix together to blend.
Pack the cheese into each chile cavity and reattach the chili tops with toothpicks to hold the cheese inside.
Heat the grill and put a Cookina BBQ Sheet on the grill.
Spray the chiles with olive oil.
Grill the chiles on all sides on top of the BBQ Sheet until the chiles are softened and slightly blackened.
Serve with a side of Salsa Fresca.
Sometimes the melted cheese oozes out of the chilis, which is why the Cookina BBQ Sheet is such a help withthis dish.
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- COOKINA BBQ and Oven SheetsAs low as $19.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $16.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $29.99
- The Large Cheese Knife$21.99