This is a cross between a popover and a Dutch Baby pancake, and an easy delicious brunch dish!
170 Grams Gruyère Cheese, cut into chunks
2/3 Cup All-purpose Flour
1/3 Tablespoon Dry Mustard
1/3 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2/3 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
4 Large Eggs, at room temperature
2/3 Cup Whole Milk, at room temperature
1/3 Tablespoon Trader Joe's Yuzu Hot Sauce
Coarse Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Put cheese and dry ingredients in a NutraBullett, blender or food processor and blast until finely ground and mixed.
- Add eggs, milk and hot sauce and blast until just mixed.
- Butter in large ovenproof skillet, coating all sides. Pour in batter; sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer to oven. Bake until puffed and dark golden, ~30 minutes. Serve hot.
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- OXO Pizza Cutter$12.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- fusionbrands PopMeasureAs low as $3.99
- Tovolo Precision Cutting Guide MatsAs low as $7.00
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- fusionbrands ButterEasy$4.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99