A great and healthier alternative to regular potatoes.
2 Sweet Potatoes (about 13-15 ounces each), peeled, each potato cut lengthwise into 10 to 12 evenly sized wedges
2 1/2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, or peanut oil
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position; preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- Put potatoes in a bowl and toss with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Arrange potatoes in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bottoms of potatoes are spotty golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating baking sheet after 10 minutes. Using a silicone-coated spatula and tongs, loosen potatoes from pan, then flip each wedge, keeping potatoes in single layer. Continue baking until fries are golden and crisp, 5 to 15 minutes longer, rotating pan as needed if fries are browning unevenly.
- Transfer fries to second baking sheet lined with paper towels to drain. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Sprinkle lightly with chili powder.
Take care to cut the potatoes into evenly sized wedges so that all of the pieces will cook at about the same rate. Although it isn't required, a nonstick baking sheet works particularly well for this recipe. It not only keeps the fries from sticking to the pan but, because of its dark color, encourages deep and even browning. Whether you choose a nonstick baking sheet or a regular baking sheet, make sure that it is heavy duty; the heat of the oven may cause lighter pans to warp.
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Cuisipro PeelersAs low as $17.99
- Kyocera Perfect Peeler$14.95
- OXO V-Blade Mandoline SlicerAs low as $39.99
- Progressive Cut Resistant GloveAs low as $9.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Kuchenprofi Tweezer Tongs$11.99
- Mastrad Mesh Infuser$5.99
- AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Brabantia Wok Turner$18.00
- OXO Dusting Wand$9.99
- AdHoc "Tutto" Pump Oil / Vinegar SprayerSpecial Price $15.00 Regular Price $24.99