Brussels Sprout Leaves Sauteed With Lemon and Pistachios
This is a light delicious way to bring out the sweet crispness of brussels sprouts.
1 1/2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoon Minced Shallot
3/4 Cup Shelled Unsalted Natural Pistachios, chopped
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Core Brussels sprouts (I use the Chef'n Twist 'n Sprout) and then separate the leaves. Discard outer leaves.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and stir 20 seconds. Add Brussels sprout leaves and pistachios, and sauté until leaves begin to soften but are still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
Per Serving: 175 Calories; 12g Fat (56.5% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 66mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Write Your Own Review
Cool Tools used to make this recipe
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsAs low as $19.99
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Wok Turner$11.99
- Tovolo Citrus Reamer$9.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99