This appetizer is unbelievably simple to prepare and incredibly impressive to serve.
6 Eggs, 3 yolks to use, reserve the remaining 6 whites and 3 yolks for another purpose
3/4 Cup Half and Half
1 Tablespoon Chives, chopped with Herb Scissors
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prepare a bain marie (hot water bath) in the oven that fits an empty egg carton
- Cut the tops off the eggs with a good egg topper, reserving the shells; separate the eggs using 3 yolks for the custard.
- Mix the 3 egg yolks, cream and chives together and pour evenly among the empty egg shells in the egg carton
- Place the egg carton in the bain marie, cover loosely with foil and bake until the custard is set, about 15 minutes.
- Place the eggshell containing the cooked egg custard into a small egg cup.
- Top each egg with a scoop of caviar.
- Serve with a small spoon.
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Rösle Egg Topper$23.99
- Cooks Innovations SimmerMat$16.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Whisk$14.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49