I've actually never cooked greens before (Kennedy has, but he's from the South), but with all the health benefits they bring to the table, we thought it was time... and this is a very good recipe.
1 Pound Kale, or other hearty greens
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
1/2 Jalapeno, diced
1 Teaspoon Minced Ginger
2 Lemon, zested
3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Honey
1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Remove any large stems from the greens and wash them thoroughly; do so in a sink with at least 5 inches of water. Moving the leaves around in the water and allowing them to sit for a few minutes to allow the sand or dirt to fall to the bottom of the sink.
- Once clean, cut the greens with the RSVP Cut 'N Chunks. You should have 1 to 1 1/4 pounds finished greens once they are stemmed. (Weigh the greens after stemming, but before washing.)
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, pine nuts, jalapeno, ginger, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the greens and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing continually.
- Add the red pepper flakes and the sesame seeds.
- Toss to combine. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Wok Turner$11.99
- 015 Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- Oggi Double-Walled Stainless Steel Bowls with LidsAs low as $19.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- fusionbrands Mushroom (and other vegetables) ClothAs low as $4.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- Joseph Joseph Garlic Rocker$14.99