This is so simple, tastes much better than store bought, is much healthier (because it has only the ingredients you want), and your creativity can go as wild as you want with added flavors!
1 Pound Favorite Raw Nuts (e.g. almonds, pecans, cashews, walnuts, etc.)
Salt, to taste
Other Flavorings, as desired (think cumin/orange zest walnuts or chipotle pecan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes
- Let the nuts cool for about 15 minutes.
- If you want chunky nut butter (we love the crunch), process all but 1/2 C nuts and all the salt and other flavorings in the food processor.
- Leave the processor running longer than you think you should; your nuts will go from coarse to fine to finally butter. You may have to scrape down the sides periodically.
- At that point, add the remaining nuts and pulse until they are chopped just enough to give you chunky butter.
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- Tovolo Blender ScraperAs low as $8.99
- Tovolo Scoop & SpreadAs low as $6.99
- Lékué Non-Spill Baking Liner$19.99
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- 354 AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99