This is a light lovely tart that can be a base for all sorts of fresh fruit.
185 Grams All-purpose Flour
50 Grams Blanched Sliced Almonds
40 Grams Confectioners' Sugar
Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
1 Pinch Kosher Salt
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed
1 Large Egg, lightly beaten
55 Grams Mascarpone Cheese
50 Grams Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Orange Flower Water
1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
400 Grams Ricotta Cheese
1 Large Egg
40 Grams Egg White
1 Teaspoon Good Strong Honey, more for drizzling (optional)
1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Make the tart shell: Place 1/4 cup/31 grams of flour and the almonds in a food processor with the blade attachment. Process until almonds are finely ground, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups/154 grams flour, the sugar, the lemon zest and the salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms. Add egg and pulse just until a crumbly dough comes together. Press dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to bake the tart, roll the dough out between 2 sheets of plastic to a 1/4-inch thickness. Line a 11-inch tart pan with the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line the tart shell with foil or parchment and fill with Pie Weights. Bake for 20 minutes, then carefully remove the Pie Weights and foil.
- Continue baking, uncovered, for about 15 additional minutes or until tart is light golden in color.
- While the tart crust is baking, make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine mascarpone, sugar, orange flower water and cinnamon. Using the paddle attachment, beat mixture until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add ricotta, egg plus egg white, honey and salt, and mix to combine. Pour filling into baked tart shell and smooth the top (crust can still be hot when you add the filling).
- Bake tart for 20 to 30 minutes, or until filling is just set in the center (a little wobble is O.K.).
- Let cool at room temperature on a wire rack.
- If you like, drizzle with honey or arrange fruit on top just before serving.
- Tart is best served the same day as baking.
- Progressive Prokeeper CanistersAs low as $5.99
- Trudeau Pie Weights$16.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Tovolo Silicone SpatulaAs low as $7.00
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- Lékué Cheese Maker$29.99
- OXO Pizza Cutter$12.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95