Everyone is urged to eat more kale ...it's good for you ...one of the superfoods! Well here's a way to eat kale as a healthy and tasty snack!
1 Bunch of curly Kale
1/2 Lemon or 1/4 Orange
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon Seasoning (such as Perfect Spice or Trader Joe's Smoked South African Seasoning ...pick your favorite)
- Remove the thick kale stems (we use a scissors and just cut the leaves away from the stems)
- Wash and dry the kale pretty thoroughly
- Put the kale in a bowl and spritz with just enough olive oil to make the leaves feel just a little oily, toss
- Spray the citrus juice over the kale, toss again
- Sprinkle the salt and seasoning on the kale and toss a final time
- Pile the kale on a Mastrad Chips Maker
- Microwave for 3 minutes (every microwave is different so test times and power settings to find your perfect setting--our microwave is 1200 watts, an we do these at full power for 3 minutes). If they are not krispy, microwave again in 30 second increments at about 80% power.
- Put in a bowl and watch them disappear
- Repeat until the fresh kale is used up
Go easy on the seasoning and citrus juice. When your kale shrinks, your seasonings don't.