We first had this wonderful drink at Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe. It's a perfect combination of fruit and alcohol; and the Rösle Pineapple Slicer makes it easy.
1 Cup Bacardi Light Rum
1 Cup Bacardi Dark Rum
3/4 Cup Myers's Rum
1 Mexican Vanilla Beans, split lengthwise
1 Large Sweet Ripe Pineapple, peeled, cored, sliced and cut into eighths
2 Ounces Piloncillo or 3t Light Brown Sugar
1 Lime, Juiced (you can add the peel to get some of the lime oil in the drink as well)
- Place all ingredients in a clean glass jar, cover tightly, and let sit at room temperature for 48 hours.
- Strain out the pineapple and vanilla. (Don't throw away the pineapple -- it's wonderful served with vanilla ice cream.)
- Put the rum mixture in the freezer until very cold.
- Serve in shot glasses or martini glasses.
Piloncillo is unrefined brown sugar that comes in small cones; you can find it in Mexican markets or the Mexican Food section of your grocery store. You can substitute regular brown sugar.
- Rösle Pineapple Cutter$34.99
- Charles Viancin Value SetsSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $48.00
- OXO Steel Double Jigger$9.99
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- OXO 3-Piece Ice Bucket Set$29.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Glass Covers (XSmall Lids...As low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone CoastersAs low as $3.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00