This is an easy, prepare-ahead dish that everyone will like, even those who don't care for lamb.
1 Cup Dry Red Wine
3/4 Cup Beef Stock
3 Tablespoons Orange Marmalade
2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Minced Dried Onion
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon Marjoram
1 Tablespoon Rosemary
1 Large Bay Leaf, crumbled
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
1 Chipotle Chile
5 Pounds Leg of Lamb, boned and butterflied
- Remove most, if not all interior fat, gristle and sinew from leg of lamb.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine all ingredients except lamb and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan, fat side down.
- Pour the hot marinade over the lamb and marinate at room temperature 6-8 hours, turning frequently. (Lamb can also marinate overnight in the refrigerator but must be removed about 3 hours prior to grilling.)
- Grill over medium-hot coals until the outside is nicely charred.
- Remove meat from the grill, allow to cool, then reform in the leg of lamb shape and tie.
- Roast in a 225°F oven until the internal thermometer registers 140°F (~2-2.5 hours).
- Remove, and allow to rest covered for 15 minutes.
- To serve, slice fairly thin on a slight diagonal.
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Rösle Smoker Box$19.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- KitchenIQ Ginger Tool$19.99
- Rösle Basting Mop$39.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99