This is a cool, creamy and delicious way to end a meal. It's one of our go-to desserts, always easy, delicious and impressive.
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Water
1 Cup Half and Half
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Inch Vanilla Bean
2 Egg Yolks
1/2 Cup Sugar
- Boil sugar and water in small heavy pan until it caramelizes.
- Pour caramel into bottom of 6 oven-safe molds.
- Scald milk, cream and vanilla bean.
- Beat eggs, yolks and sugar until pale yellow.
- Pour cooled milk mixture slowly into eggs, stirring the whole time.
- Pour mixture into the 6 molds (easiest to use the Norpro Measuring Funnel).
- Bake in a pan of hot water at 350°F for 25 minutes (or longer, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool in refrigerator for several hours.
- When ready to serve, run a thin knife around the inside edge, put a plate upside down over the top of the mold and, holding plate and mold together, turn the whole thing over. If you use the Mastrad EZ Form Molds, remove the bottom. The creme caramel should loosen and fall to the plate, and the caramel you put in the bottom will become the sauce.
- Remove the mold...and voila!
Per Serving: 263 Calories; 10g Fat (34.3% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 197mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
Write Your Own Review
Cool Tools used to make this recipe