This is a wonderful and nutritional dip for the Chips Maker potato chips.
1 Small Eggplant, cut into 1/2" cube with the Big Mouth Chopper
2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Red Pepper, diced into 1/2" cubes with the BIg Mouth Chopper
1 Small Chili Pepper, seeded and diced into 1/2" cubes with the Big Mouth Chopper
1/2 Sweet Onion, diced into 1/2" cubes with the Big Mouth Chopper
2 Roma Tomatoes (or 5 Juliet Tomatoes), cut in half with the Tomato Knife
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Basil Leaves
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Garnish of Basil Leaves cut with the Herb Scissors
6 Small Potatoes prepared with the Chips Maker
1 Teaspoon Salt to sprinkle on the chips
- Mix the eggplant cubes and salt and put in a colander to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook peppers and onion until they are translucent and slightly caramelized.
- Add eggplant and cook until soft (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a food processor and add the ricotta and basil. Process until fairly smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with sliced basil leaves
- Slice the potatoes with the Chips mandoline (and a glove!). Dry potatoes on layers of paper towels.
- Arrange the slices on the Chips Maker, salt them with your favorite salt and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes. If not yet crisp, put in for additional 30- 60 second increments until crisp.
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Vineyard Table Serving PiecesAs low as $14.30
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99
- Nuance Basting BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- RSVP Onion Goggles$19.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Erik Bagger Appetizer Knife$10.00
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99