Lékué PopCorn Microwave Popcorn Maker
Remember when making popcorn was as easy as throwing a bag (including who knew what additives) into your microwave, waiting a few minutes and then taking out a bag of popped popcorn? Then we learned that all those additives weren’t very good for us. So the convenience of microwave popcorn went out the window. We still wanted popcorn, but we wanted to control the quality of the corn, as well as any of the other stuff that was used to cook it.
Well, now we’re back to having it all: convenience and total control of the ingredients, as well as great tasting popcorn!
The clever folks at Lékué have designed a collapsible Microwave Popcorn Maker in collaboration with the Alicia Foundation, which focuses on “healthier eating for everyone”. It’s so simple to use: just put ¼-½ of your favorite corn kernels into the bowl, add salt and/or olive oil if you want (I usually add salt and about a 1-2 teaspoons unmelted pat of butter), put the lid on loosely, and put it in your microwave on the popcorn cycle.
Because we’ve found that microwaves vary, even from one cooking session to another, follow the instructions that come with the Lékué PopCorn for best results.
Here’s why we think this is great … and a Cool Tool:
- You get to use and control your own ingredients,
- It’s easy, convenient and fast (2-4 minutes of unattended cooking in your microwave),
- It’s healthy: because it cooks the popcorn with steam, you don’t need any oil at all,
- The results are delicious (we did a taste test against competitors, and this is a winner!),
- Try adding fresh herbs before you put it in the microwave; it distributes the herbs throughout the bowl, so you get the taste in every handful!
- The bowl you cook in is the bowl you eat out of, so only one bowl to wash--and this goes into the dishwasher, and
- When you’re finished, this collapses to make it easy to store.
Fresh, healthy, easy, convenient popcorn… it’s not a dream anymore, it’s a reality with the Lékué PopCorn … a true Cool Tool!
- 100% Platinum Silicone
- Dishwasher safe
- Pops ¼-½ cup of popcorn kernels
- Capacity: 10-12 Cups of popped popcorn
- Diameter: 8”/20cm at top -- 4”/4cm at bottom
- Height: 6”/15cm open -- 2 1/4”/5.7cm collapsed