MADHOUSE by Michael Aram Twig Collection
Click below to choose an option.
The weather is finally warming up, and that brings thoughts of eating outdoors: whether it’s a picnic on the beach, a trip to the country, lunch in the park, an outdoor concert, or just a barbecue in your own backyard. And when you eat outdoors, you don’t necessarily want to schlep your china and flatware with you. But you don’t want to use a bunch of flimsy single-use stuff that just gets thrown away.
Well, there’s eating outdoors, and there’s EATING OUTDOORS; the difference is style (with a nod to the environment as well).
Picture yourself eating outdoors, with something way better than disposable paper or plastic plates that can collapse under heavy food, knowing that you’re not adding to the landfill, and looking cooler than cool with your Michael Aram designed dishwasher safe plates and flatware. And the best part is that these are really beautifully priced.
Michael Aram, the fabulous home decor designer who elevates life’s everyday moments so their natural beauty shines through, has worked primarily in metal, glass and china. But this year he’s turned his talents to outdoor dining with a collection called MADHOUSE (Michael Aram Design House), that is both beautiful and practical (a very Cool combination).
See our Service for 4 and Service for 12 sets (7" dessert plate, 10" dinner plate, knife, fork and spoon for each place setting) - great hostess gifts!
The MADHOUSE Twig Collection is evocative of nature and looks like a lovely tree branch.
The MADHOUSE Twig plates are lightweight, sturdy, microwave safe, and … wait for it … dishwasher safe! We had ours in the dishwasher for over a week, running every time we ran the dishwasher, and they look as good as when we first got them.
The MADHOUSE Twig flatware (fork, spoon and knife) are amazingly sturdy with good mouth feel (not like eating with those thin little plastic forks and spoons that break as soon as they meet something with substance - we’ve all had that happen!) And, yes, these are also dishwasher safe.
In addition to the usual flatware, the MADHOUSE Collection includes wonderful cocktail-size forks and spoons that are perfect for any party - think ceviche, shrimp cocktail, meatballs, …. And we understand that these also are a good size for feeding a baby or toddler.
The Twig Collection also includes Salad Servers that are as pretty to use as they are to give as a gift.
Finally, there’s also a very attractive Condiment Server: a rectangular Twig base with three 5-ounce bowls - also in the Twig design - that fit securely into the recesses of the base for stable carrying from kitchen to outdoors … it’s great for the traditional ketchup/mustard/relish tray, as well as for offering 3 kinds of nuts as an easy hors d’oeuvre.
So get some for yourself and some more as gifts to make everyone’s outdoor eating just a little more special. Yes, these are truly Cool Tools.
- Plates are made of SAN plastic and come in
- 2 sizes: 7”/17.75cm and 10”/25.5cm, and
- 2 colors: clear and translucent teal
- Flatware and mini forks and spoons (not microwave safe) are made of heavy duty plastic and come in 2 colors: translucent teal and translucent black
- Fork and spoon: 7”/17.75cm long
- Knife: 8.5”/21.5cm long
- Mini forks and spoons: 5”/12.75cm long
- Salad Servers: 12”/30.5cm long
- Condiment Server: melamine tray is 12.5” X 4.5” (31.75cm X 11.5cm) with 3 Eastman Tritan bowls that are 3.75”/9.5cm in diameter, holding approximately 5 ounces
- Napkins are a set of 16 luncheon sized: 12.8" X 12.7" (32.7cm C 32.3cm)
- Dishwasher safe
- Erik Bagger Stainless Steel Nut and Olive Spoon Set...Special Price $20.00 Regular Price $30.50
- Helen Chen's Asian Kitchen Universal Kitchen...Special Price $19.99 Regular Price $21.99
- Evo Oil or Vinegar Sprayer$19.99
- govino WIne "Glasses"$9.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Tovolo Bamboo Wine Table$22.99
- Cooks Innovations SimmerMat$16.95
- Prodyne Iced Dip Bowl$19.99