OXO Poultry Shears
Poultry shears have two basic functions: be strong enough to cut through joints and bones, and be sharp enough to cut through slippery chicken skin. It is surprising how few poultry shears are good at both. Extra points are given for being:
- Easy to grip (raw poultry is slippery, and that transfers to your hands when you’re taking it apart),
- Easy to clean (we’re talking raw poultry here--salmonella...hello!), and
- Compactly designed, to be as small and safe as possible, both in use and while stored in your drawer.
And then there are the little extra details that close the deal:
- Tapered blades to get into tight places on your poultry,
- Spring-loaded handles that provide extra leverage for ease of cutting,
- Blade notch to secure bones while you’re squeezing the handles to cut them, and
- Handles shaped to prevent your hand from slipping forward.
We’ve tested and used a lot, and these Poultry Shears from OXO have it all.
The OXO Poultry Shears are ideal for trimming and cutting poultry of all sizes (think quail, or cornish game hens, as well as turkey, whole chickens, or chicken parts), with sharp micro-serrated stainless steel blades that are spring-loaded, curved, and tapered for accuracy and precision. The blade notch secures bones, and the combination of the closed lower handle and the upper bolster for your thumb - usable for right or left hands! - prevents your hand from slipping forward while cutting. The handle lock slips easily into place for safe storage. And the blades come apart for easy, thorough cleaning.
One of the things we love about OXO is how thoroughly they think through the application and anticipate the issues. These poultry shears are truly Cool Tools.
- Sharp, micro-serrated stainless-steel blades that cut through skin or bone equally well
- Spring-loaded handle adds leverage and prevents hand strain
- Tapered blades to access hard-to-reach places
- Handle loop and bolster prevent hand from slipping forward
- Blades separate and reassemble easily for cleaning
- Hand wash with warm, soapy water
- 9½”/24cm overall length
- ‘Satisfaction Guaranteed’ by Manufacturer