Phase 1 Lunch: Quinoa Salad With Roast Beef and Herbs
I made this the night before, dressed it in the morning and packed it as lunch for an all-day meeting--it was higly portable, and very tasty.
1/2 Cup Quinoa
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Pound Deli Roast Beef, diced with the Cut 'n Chunks
3 Slices Turkey Bacon, microwaved and diced with the Cut 'n Chunks
1/4 Cup Chili, sliced with the Handheld Ceramic Slicer
1/4 Red Onion, diced with the BIg Mouth Chopper
2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions with the Herb Scissors
1/4 Large Bunch Parsley, stemmed and chopped with the Herb Scissors
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint with the Herb Scissors
2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill with the Herb Scissors
1 Garlic Cloves, minced with the Garlic Rocker
1/2 Lemon, zested and juiced with the Better Zester and Citrus Juicer
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Tomatoes, diced with the BIg Mouth Chopper
2 Tablespoons Cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced with the BIg Mouth Chopper
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a mesh strainer. Cook in Lekue Rice&Grain Cooker according to directions.
- Allow the quinoa to cool (or refrigerate to speed up the process).
- When the quinoa has cooled, mix in the 1/2 t salt, roast beef, chili, red onion, green onion, parsley, mint, dill, and garlic.
- In a jar or small bowl with a lid, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, and black pepper. Shake to combine.
- Pour over the quinoa mixture and stir to combine.
- Adjust the seasonings of needed. Just before serving, top the salad with diced tomatoes and cucumber.
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- Lékué Rice&Grain Cooker$35.00
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Final Touch Fill & Store$10.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Progressive Microwave Grill$12.60
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Stainless Steel Serving TongsAs low as $14.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99