This is great with chips or as a side to grilled fish or cheese-stuffed chilis.
Buy the Salsa Fresca Bundle of Cool Tools at a 10% Discount
20 small juliet or 10 roma tomatoes
3-5 jalapeno chilis
1/2 red onion
1 lime, juiced
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise, squeeze out some of the juice and seeds if you want, and lay them skin side up in a single layer in the Big Mouth Chopper (with the small dice disk). Thwack! Repeat until you have diced all the tomatoes.
- Cut the chilis in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribs. (I use disposal surgical rubber gloves that I buy by the box at Costco to do this--it saves you from the forgot-to-wash-my-hands-and-just-scratched-my-eye pain and drama!). Lay the chilis skin side up in a single layer in the Big Mouth Chopper and (you got it) Thwack!
- Cut the onion into pices that will fit in the chopper with the layers of the onion parallel to the surface of the chopper, and (all together now) Thwack!
- Mix all of this with the remaining ingredients, get your chips, serve it in the Salsabol, and ENJOY!
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- AdHoc Chili MillAs low as $24.95
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Salsa/Guacamole Lover's Bundle
From $92.01 Regular Price $96.85
To $125.25 Regular Price $131.84
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Vineyard Table Serving PiecesAs low as $14.30
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- OXO Herb Saver$14.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- RSVP Onion Goggles$19.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95