This dish is easy, but has wonderfully sweet spicy complex flavors.
2 Cups Kumquats, stemmed, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, and sliced 1/4" thick
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
4 Small Shallots (~1/2 C), chopped
1 Medium Granny Smith Apple (~1c), peeled, cored, chopped
1 Chipotle, stemmed & seeded
4 Tablespoons Jalapeño Chiles, seeded and minced
1/2 Cup Dried Apricots, chopped
3/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
2 1-pound Pork Tenderloins
- Heat 1T oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots, apple, chipotle, and 1T jalapeño. Cook until shallots are soft, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes. Add chopped kumquats, apricots, 3/4C water, sugar, and 3/4t salt.
- Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until mixture thickens, about 6 minutes. Remove chipotle.
- Transfer marmalade to small bowl. Stir in remaining 3T jalapeño. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover, and chill. Rewarm before serving.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 2T oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add pork to skillet; brown on all sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Insert probe of leave-in thermometer into center of tenderloin.
- Transfer skillet to oven; roast pork until thermometer registers 150°F, about 15 minutes. Remove pork from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with warm marmalade.
- OXO Steel Apple Divider$14.99
- Stainless Steel Serving TongsAs low as $14.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$44.90
- Kyocera Perfect Peeler$14.95
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- HeatTHAT! Serving PiecesAs low as $39.99
- Cuisipro Apple Corer$9.99
- Cooks Innovations SimmerMat$16.95
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- Cuisipro PeelersAs low as $17.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49