Smoking the chicken gives it extra layers of flavor.
1 Pint Water
1/2 Cup Salt
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
Lime Sour Cream
1 Cup Nonfat Sour Cream
Zest of 1 Lime
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
1 Jalapeno, shaved with a ceramic handheld slicer
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 Ounces Pepperjack Cheese, grated
Pico De Gallo
8 Corn Tortillas
- Mix water, salt and sugar. Put trimmed chicken breasts in a zip-top bag, pour in the brine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the Camerons Stove-top Smoker according to manufacturer's instructions with 1 heaping Tablespoon of Hickory Chips. Smoke for 25 minutes.
- Prepare Lime Sour Cream by mixing all ingredients. Let the flavors meld while the chicken smokes.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and shred with meat shredders. Mix the shredded chicken with the Lime Sour cream.
- Heat tortillas in Tortilla Warmer.
- Assembly: Lay a heated tortilla on the plate; sprinkle with shredded cheese; top with chicken mixture; top that with drained Pico de Gallo.
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95
- OXO Steel Juicer/Measurer$14.99
- Tovolo Flexible Cutting Mats (Set of 4)As low as $9.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Carré Olive Wood SpoonsAs low as $15.00
- Cuisipro V-GratersAs low as $27.99
- The Cheese KnifeAs low as $15.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Camerons Smoking Chips$4.25
- fusionbrands CitrusZipperAs low as $5.95
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Camerons Tortilla Warmer$10.00
- 015 Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- Fox Run Meat Shredders$16.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $16.99
- Rösle Smoker Box$19.99
- Rösle One-handed Locking TongsAs low as $31.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- fusionbrands HerbZipperAs low as $6.95
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- Tovolo Seal 'N Store Storage$15.99