Another first: rhubarb! But we wanted to test the limits of the RSVP Cut 'N Chunks--it worked, and this recipe is delicious!
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/3 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Ginger
1 Tablespoon Chopped Garlic
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
4 Cups Rhubarb, halved and cut into 1/2" slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped, (generous)
1/3 Cup Dried Tart Cherries, or golden raisins (about 2 ounces)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in heavy large Dutch oven. Bring to simmer over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add rhubarb, onion and dried cherries; increase heat to medium-high and cook until rhubarb is tender and mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Cool completely. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.)
This chutney works well as an accompaniment to pork, chicken, duck or lamb. Here we served it with a pork tenderloin that was rubbed with a mixture of equal parts of cumin, chipotle powder, powdered ginger and kosher salt and then cooked sous-vide at 134°F for 90 minutes and then finished on the grill.
- Final Touch Fill & Store$10.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- Progressive Canning ProductsAs low as $2.99
- Progressive Cut Resistant GloveAs low as $9.99
- KitchenIQ Ginger Tool$19.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Carré Salt KeepersAs low as $24.99
- RSVP Stainless Steel Sauce CupsAs low as $6.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Cooks Innovations SimmerMat$16.95
- RSVP Onion Goggles$19.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Carré Olive Wood Dip Bowl$14.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Ladle$11.99
- Formaticum Cheese Wraps$8.95