You can make these up ahead when you have time and keep them in the freezer; then you're ready with a delicious hors d'oeuvre whenever anyone drops over.
1/2 Cup Butter, at room temperature
1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/3 Cup Grated Pepper Jack Cheese
1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup Grated Gruyere/swiss Cheese
1 Teaspoon Trader Joe's Hot Yuzu Sauce
1 Cup All-purpose Gluten-free Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Biber (red Pepper Flakes)
1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pistachio Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350° and set out baking sheets with a non-stick baking mat on top of each.
- Process butter, cheese and Yuzu sauce. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, black pepper, biber and pistachios. Add to the cheese mixture and process until blended.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Shape each half into a fairly evenly shaped log 1" in diameter. Wrap in plastic and chill 'til firm. (Freeze if going to keep more than 5 days)
- Cut the chilled dough into 1/4-in. slices (easiest to do this with the Kyocera Micro-serrated Tomato Knife) and place them about 2 in. apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool, then store in airtight container.
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Capabunga Cheese VaultAs low as $29.99
- Tovolo Silicone SpatulaAs low as $7.00
- Erik Bagger Appetizer Knife$10.00
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99