This beautiful shrimp dish is elegant enough for company, but easy enough to make for a week night meal!
Extra-virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 Large Shallots, diced, about 1 cup
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
Salt and Pepper
1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
1 Pound Ripe Tomatoes, diced
1/4 Cup White Wine
1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, or thinly sliced chili
3/4 Pound Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
2 Ounces Greek Feta Cheese
1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon Roughly Chopped Mint
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add rice to skillet to brown slightly. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning.
- Raise heat to medium-high and add tomato and white wine; season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes or chili slices. Cook, covered, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish.
- Spray shrimp with 1T olive oil, season with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Top with Rangpur lime zest and juice. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 12 mins, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 mins. Sprinkle with mint and serve.
- Oxo Measuring BeakersAs low as $9.99
- 354 AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- Trudeau Dripless Oil (or Syrup) & Vinegar BottlesAs low as $21.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone LidsAs low as $8.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- RSVP Endurance Oil Decanter$29.99
- Charles Viancin Sea Collection Silicone LidsAs low as $9.99
- 015 Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- fusionbrands PopMeasureAs low as $3.99