We made these eggs using fat-free sour cream to reduce the fat and make them a high protein, low calorie treat.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place in a small bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork and combine with the sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt until creamy and well-blended. Mix in the minced onion.
- Arrange the egg whites on a serving platter.
- Use a pastry bag or a stainless steel scoop to fill each egg white half with the yolk mixture and sprinkle with minced chives.
- Top each egg with 1/4 teaspoon caviar.
Per Serving: 139 Calories; 9g Fat (56.3% calories from fat); 11g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 340mg Cholesterol; 392mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Write Your Own Review
Cool Tools used to make this recipe
- OXO Dusting Wand$9.99
- RSVP Herb Scissors$9.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- Charles Viancin Cabbage ColanderAs low as $11.99
- Charles Viancin All Silicone Cutting BoardsAs low as $24.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- RSVP Onion Goggles$19.99
- Joseph Joseph Duo Bake$14.99
- Trudeau Silicone Piping Bag And QUICK System TipsAs low as $2.99