This is a cool, creamy and delicious way to end a meal, and the touch of rose flavor adds a whole element. It's one of our go to desserts, always easy and impressive.
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Rose Water
1/4 Cup Water
1 Cup Half and Half
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Inch Vanilla Bean
2 Egg Yolks
1/4 Teaspoon Rose Essential Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
Rose Petals for garnish
- Boil sugar, rose water and water in small heavy pan until it caramelizes.
- Pour caramel into bottom of 6 ramekins or one pie plate
- Scald milk, cream and vanilla bean.
- Beat eggs, yolks, rose oil and sugar 'til pale yellow.
- Pour cooled milk mixture slowly into eggs, stirring whole time.
- Pour mixture into the 6 ramekins
- Bake in a pan of hot water at 350°F for 25 mins. (or longer, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool in refrigerator for several hours.
- When ready to serve, run a thin knife around the inside edge, put a plate upside down over the top of the ramekin (or pie plate), and holding plate and ramekin together, turn the whole thing over. The creme caramel should loosen and fall to plate, and the caramel you put in the bottom will become the sauce.
- Remove the ramekin...and voila!
- Garnish with rose petals
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Charles Viancin Silicone Measuring CupsAs low as $8.00
- Tovolo Blender ScraperAs low as $8.99
- fusionbrands ServeItUp (Serving Pedestal)As low as $19.99
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- fusionbrands PopMeasureAs low as $3.99
- Trudeau Mixing Bowls$29.99