The sweetness of the slightly carmelized tomatoes with the spiciness of the jalapeños, makes this a wonderful sauce for fish, chicken or pork.
6 Tablespoons Extra-virgin Olive Oil
10 Jalapeños, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced crosswise
4 Pounds Roma Tomatoes, cored and diced (the big dice on the Norpro Big Mouth Chopper is perfect for this.)
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the 6 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the jalapeños in an even layer and cook over moderately low heat, without stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the jalapeños to a plate.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the skillet and cook over high heat until they release their juices, about 4 minutes. Continue to cook over medium high heat until slightly thickened, about 4-8 minutes. Season with salt.
- Spoon the tomatoes and their juices onto a serving platter.
- Top with grilled salmon, chicken breasts or sliced pork tenderloin.
- Top the protein with the jalapeños and serve.
- Joseph Joseph Nest 9 Plus$49.99
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Final Touch Fill & Store$10.99
- Brabantia Wok Turner$18.00
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Norpro Big Mouth Chopper$49.90
- HeatTHAT! Serving PiecesAs low as $39.99
- Progressive Zip Slicer$9.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Ladle$11.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- Progressive Cut Resistant GloveAs low as $9.99
- Norpro Polypropylene Cutting BoardsAs low as $9.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$16.49
- Vineyard Table Serving PiecesAs low as $14.30