We made this for a summer luncheon picnic, and it was a huge hit!
For the chicken:
12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
3/8 Cup Dijon-style Mustard
1 1/2 Tablespoons White Wine
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For the coating:
1 1/2 Cups Freshly Grated Parmesan
1 1/2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Oregano, chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
3/8 Cup Melted Butter
- For the chicken: Rinse the thighs, trim them and cut them in half; pat them dry.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the mustard, wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and add the chicken. The chicken can be coated immediately or held in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- For the coating: In a large, shallow dish, mix the cheese, breadcrumbs, oregano, lemon zest and pepper. Drizzle the melted butter over the crumb mixture and toss until well combined.
- To coat and cook the chicken: Heat the oven to 375°F and spray olive oil on a baking sheet covered with a non-stick sheet.
- Take a piece of chicken from the marinade with one hand--this is now your "wet" hand. Don't wipe off the marinade.
- Lay the chicken on the crumbs. Scoop and pat the crumbs over the chicken using your other hand (your "dry" hand), patting until both sides are thoroughly coated.
- Put the chicken on a oiled baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Roast the chicken until it's crisp, browned, and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over after 15 minutes.
- COOKINA BBQ and Oven Sheets$19.99
- KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- blomus "Knik" Trivet$13.99
- Capabunga Cheese Vault$28.99
- KitchenIQ The Better Zester$14.99
- fusionbrands HerbZipper$6.95
- Norpro Aerator Whisk$8.49
- Nuance Basting BrushSpecial Price $10.00 Regular Price $19.95
- Evo Oil or Vinegar Sprayer$19.99
- Cuisipro Fish Tongs$19.99
- Trudeau Graviti +Plus Salt or Pepper MillSpecial Price $39.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Whisk$14.99
- Cuisipro 4-sided Box Grater$34.99
- Cuisipro V-Graters$27.99