Phase 3 Vegetable: Brussels Sprouts Roasted With Pecans
Roasting brings out the sweetness in the Brussels Sprouts, and the pecans create both a flavor and texture contrast that makes for a delicious dish.
1/2 Pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
1/4 Cup Pecans
1 Teaspoon Extra-virgin Olive Oil
1/8 Teaspoon Chipotle Pepper Powder
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
1/8 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss together Brussels sprouts, pecans, oil, chipotle powder, salt and pepper to taste and chipotle pepper in s baking pan and spread in 1 layer.
- Roast in upper third of oven, stirring once halfway through roasting, until sprouts are brown on edges and tender, about 25 minutes total.
- Stir in zest. Serve warm.
- Tovolo Olive Wood ToolsAs low as $4.99
- Joseph Joseph TriScale$29.99
- 439 KMN Home Fingermitt$14.99
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramic KnivesAs low as $19.95
- Evo Oil or Vinegar SprayerAs low as $19.99
- Trudeau Professional Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper...As low as $39.93
- OXO Food ScaleAs low as $49.99
- Cuisipro Silicone Spoon$11.99
- Progressive Nut Chopper$12.99
- Progressive Produce ProKeepersAs low as $9.99
- RSVP Garlic Cube$15.99
- 354 AdHoc DuoMill Pure$49.99