Once you've cured your olives (or bought some from your local olive purveyor), here's a way to make them very tasty.
- If olives are packed in brine, rinse well. Taste one; if still briny (too salty), soak in clear cold water for 1 hour.
- Place olives in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add rinds, garlic and star anise.
- Add juice from the orange and 4 lemons.
- Add sufficient water to cover olives.
- Stir to mix.
- Let stand for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve in a Double Dish.
Write Your Own Review
And a few more Cool Tools that you might like
- Erik Bagger Stainless Steel Nut and Olive Spoon Set...Special Price $20.00 Regular Price $30.50
- Carré Olive Wood Dip Bowl$14.99
- Carré Olive Wood Olive Boat$40.99
- Joseph Joseph Double Dish™$19.99